Blueberry Mango Cabbage Salad (Makes 4 servings)
- 1 cup salad greens, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1 cup shredded Napa cabbage
- 1 mango, peel and cut into chunks
- ¾ cup fresh or frozen blueberries (thaw frozen berries just before making salad)
- ½ cup snow peas, julienned or left whole
- ¼ cup shelled, roasted, unsalted sunflower seeds
- 6 tbsp. canola oil
- 2 tsp liquid honey
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- juice from 1 lime
- salt and pepper to taste
1.) Combine all salad ingredients in a container with a lid. Shake until well combined.
2.) Mix dressing. Pour desired amount over salad and toss well.
Note: You can easily turn this salad into a complete meal by adding chunks or slices of cooked chicken breast, or cooked shrimp. Simply add to the salad ingredients and toss well with the dressing.
From 'The 80-20 Cookbook' by Patricia Chuey and Diana Steele.