From Jay Jones, Wine Director and Bar Manager
West Restaurant & Bar
2881 Granville Street, V6H 3J4
Tel: (604) 738 8938
Fax: (604) 738 5909
- 1 ounce of stoli raspberry vodka
- 1 ounce of crème de cacao white
- chambord black raspberry liqueur
- champagne or sparkling wine
- lemon zest or twist for garnish
- a scoop of medium sized ice cubes
- Pour the vodka and crème de cacao into a cocktail shaker over ice.
- Close the shaker and shake aggressively.
- Strain into a sexy looking martini glass.
- Top with champagne or your favorite sparkling wine.
- Gently drizzle the Chambord Black Raspberry liqueur; it will settle in the bottom of the glass.
- Garnish with lemon zest or twist.
- Close your eyes, sip, indulge and repeat as required.
A perfect palate awakening aperitif - great before or after dinner, or simply on it's own in the sun. Crème de Cacao white can be substituted for White Chocolate Cream Liqueur for a more creamy texture and flavour.
Red Violin Martini
Created by Blue Water's Bar Manager, Brad Stanton
Blue Water Cafe
1095 Hamilton Street, Vancouver, BC, V6B 5T4
F 604 688 8978
- 2 oz Vanilla Vodka
- ½ oz Maple Syrup
- 1 oz Fresh squeezed citrus (lemon, lime) juice
- Fresh raspberries (six or more)
- Sparkling Wine
Muddle (or mash) the fresh raspberries in a cocktail shaker. Add vodka, maple syrup, citrus juice and ice. Shake well and strain into a martini glass. Top with sparkling wine. Garnish with a couple of fresh raspberries.
A cool, refreshing summer sipper - perfect for patio weather and wonderful with fresh seasonal local berries.